Friday, September 10, 2010

Benefits of a dirty house

Today (as I was actually cleaning my house), I thought of all the benefits of having a dirty house.
1 - My kids are building up a great immunity to germs.  By not having everything bleached and sanitized on a daily basis, I figure it's helping their bodies learn to fight germs better.  By the time they get to school age, they should be set!
2 - Cleaning is still fun to my kids.  If you don't clean too often, your kids get excited to help out.  I frequently have arguing over who gets to clean the mirror, who gets the green sponge, who gets to dust, who gets the spray bottle, etc.
3 - So much extra time.  It's amazing how much you can get done in the 15 minutes you don't spend cleaning every day.  There's extra time to play with my kids, shower, read that magazine that's been sitting there for 4 months.
The next time I get the urge to clean my house, I'll have to remember all these and save myself the trouble. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I like this list. Totally makes sense. I think that I'm a little nervous that I will be OCD when I have kids. I might be constantly following them around, making them pick up one pile of toys before they start in on a new one. Hopefully I'll find the right balance. :)

    ReplyDelete