Monday, November 29, 2010

Attack of the snow clothes

My house is being overtaken by snow clothes.  Now that there is snow on the ground, we (I and my 3 children) take half an hour to get everyone bundled up in socks, boots, snow pants, gloves, hats, and coats to go play in the snow outside.  I sometimes long for the day when I only have to worry about dressing myself.  When we come back into the house, I've been managing to at least keep the snow clothes contained to the entryway while we unbundle and before the kids take off through the house.  I'm left however, with a giant pile of wet, cold clothes.  They end up everywhere to dry--on the banister, on the dryer, on the backs of the kitchen chairs, on the floor next to the heat vents, etc.  Today I was longing for one of those "mud" rooms some have in their homes that connect the garage and the rest of the home.  I'm not sure the wet mess would dry any faster there, but at least I wouldn't have clothing scattered throughout my house.

2 comments:

  1. I confess I have a mud room that we don't really use.
    I want a retail rack large enough to hold it all. My baskets hold the gloves scarves and all the small stuff but boots and jackets kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When are you due Christie-i am so happy for you. I keep telling everyong that has hard as motherhood is those babies are an addiction. I agree I need one of those mud rooms as well even if it is just for looks it is worth making the effort of having everything stay in one place.

    ReplyDelete