Monday, September 19, 2011

Nap math

This post is to go right along with my sleep deprivation math post.  I decided that one night of bad sleep equals 2 nights of good sleep to make up for it.  I'm wondering why 15 minutes of napping equals a bedtime that occurs one hour later.  You would think if my older toddlers took a 15 minute nap, perhaps they would go to sleep 15 minutes later, but that never seems to happen.  Their energy seems to grow exponentially.  What I'm really wondering, though, is why 15 minutes of napping for me doesn't seem to equal an hour more of energy at bedtime.  Anyone want to figure the math for me there?

2 comments:

  1. SO TRUE! what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, my ratio theory is 10:1 Ten minutes up for every one minute of accidental nap. So a 10 minute ride in the car is about an hour and a half awake past bed time. It always seems to happen in that 3-5 o'clock time frame.

    ReplyDelete