Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I hate homework

I really don't like homework.  Never have.  Never will.  I was one of those kids who did their homework on the bus or in the hall before class (or during class).  It was one of the things I was happiest about when I had finally finished school.  Working full-time, I could come home at night and not have to worry about any homework, papers, projects, etc.

Enter kindergarten for child #1.  Homework begins again.  Granted, it's kindergarten, so it's not an overly large amount of homework.  But still.  It's homework.  Four days a week.  She's in kindergarten, so it's not like I can have her read the assignments herself and do it without any assistance.  And the homework can be fun for her with things like "write down your recipe for pancakes" as an activity for the letter "P". But it's still homework. 17 more years of this. I'm counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment