Friday, June 15, 2012

A Child's Prayer

I love hearing my children pray.  I know that eventually they need to learn to have such a personal relationship with God that they can pray silently. Right now, though, I enjoy having the opportunity to hear what they have to say as they pray. 

My 3 year old is one of my favorites to listen to as she says her prayers each night.  She is so specific.  "Please bless this owie right here that it will get better, and this one," she'll say as she points to various places on her leg.  I could learn a thing or two from her.  I need to be so specific as I pray to God.  I'm pretty sure he wants to bless us specifically, not just generally, and kids get that.  Listening to their prayers reminds me that I have a lot to learn and improve.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you've heard my stories about my boys' prayers about our dogs. I am positive that Heavenly Father knows I need lessons in faith and humility. And that he provides those lessons when he answers very specific prayers - even when they're requests that "we'll find Kona under the slide at Skye Park".

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I love children's prayers!

    ReplyDelete