Friday, May 21, 2010

I am so not one of those mom

I am so not one of those moms at the parks.  You know who they are.  You've seen them.  Or maybe you are one of them.  The ones that come with their hair perfectly styled, makeup on, and wearing cute trendy clothes.  They're pushing an expensive stroller with one child.  Their one child is dressed in a cute new matching outfit, complete with cute new shoes (and cute hair accessories for the girls).  They look like they are reading for the photo shoot to appear in the next month's issue of Baby or Parenting magazine.

Sometimes I tell myself it's just because they only have one kid so they have time and money to spend on preparing for an outing to the park.  Then I remember that even when I only had one kid I was never one of those moms.  Then I remember I was never one of those young adults or teenagers either.  Then I remember how thankful I am that my mom wasn't one of those moms, and that when I was growing up I never felt that pressure from my family to look "perfect".   There are so many things that compete for my time.  I guess fashion and cosmetics are losing that competition.  And I'm fine with that.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Christie - I love you - it's always reassuring to know that I might have set a good example for you.

    ReplyDelete