Wednesday, July 7, 2010

When I'm a mom, you can still be a mom.

Several times a week I hear the phrase (from my 4 yr old) - "Mom, when I'm a mom, you can still be a mom".  It's then followed up with a phrase like one of the following:
"You can cook with me."
"I get to choose what we have for lunch every single day".
"I can drive the car and you can sit up front with me."
"You can come and stay with me. For 15 minutes."

I find it somewhat flattering.  I'm assuming that what she is saying is that she wants to be a mom and that I don't have to change who I am (a mom) even when she's bigger.  I'll enjoy these days of her wanting me to be her mom and hopefully remember them when she's a teenager and my being her mom is not necessarily something she's enjoying.

2 comments:

  1. And not necessarily something you're enjoying either! (Being mother to a teenager)

    ReplyDelete