Saturday, February 26, 2011

Transitions

My 3 yr old son is one of those kids who needs help with change and transition.  He can't be forced into something new, so we usually just have to let him take his time adjusting to things.  For example, when we were moving him to his own "boys" room, we took time putting the bed in first, letting him play in there for a couple of days, having him help us paint, then finally letting him sleep in there.  Actually, he didn't have a very hard time adjusting. 

Maybe I'm the one that needs help transitioning. Getting used to my kids growing up and being able to do things for themselves, transitioning my mindset to having 4 kids instead of 3, learning to live with my office in the kitchen instead of my own office, etc.  I guess some things we never outgrow and have to keep working on!

1 comment:

  1. Change is difficult, that's for sure. I'm such a baby with change. I think you are doing well and I think that you are so wonderful when it comes to helping your children learn how to adjust to new things/experiences. I think you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete