Friday, September 14, 2012

Sleep-peeing

My almost 5 year old son is completely potty-trained except at night.  He's such a sound sleeper that he'll wake up in the morning with a completely soaked bed that he has slept on that way for half the night. My husband and I have started waking him up about 10:30pm and having him use the toilet then having him go back to sleep.  I say "my husband and I", but really my husband does it.  And when I say "waking him up", really it means carrying him to the dark bathroom, helping him do his business, and carrying him right back to his bed.  I'm pretty sure he's not really awake, especially because usually he has no idea the next morning that he did this.

Last night I took a turn taking my son to the bathroom.  I carried him into the dark bathroom, stood him next to the toilet, and helped him get his pants down. But apparently peeing in your sleep does not equate to aiming in your sleep.  Needless to say, there was some cleanup required after I had carried him back to his bed. Perhaps I should continue to leave this job up to his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment