Thursday, June 17, 2010

A case of mistaken identity

I'm always calling my children the wrong names.  Luckily they're good at correcting me.  Throughout the day I'll hear the following:
"No, I'm Luke Skywalker".
"I'm Spiderman."
"I'm a princess."
"I'm a ballerina."
"I'm not a pioneer. I'm a cowboy."
"I'm not a good guy. I'm the grabbing monster."
"I'm a baby bamboon". (whatever that is)
"I'm puppy's daddy."

I was wondering what would happen if as an adult I decided to assume different identities throughout the day.  Would it make the day more entertaining? Is that why children aren't as stressed? If they don't like what they are, they just change their identity.  Hmm...maybe tomorrow I'll decide to be Ariel. Think I can pull it off without my husband thinking I've completely lost it?

1 comment: