Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Potty Language

There's a lot of potty talk that goes on around my house.  You know, things like "you're a poo-poo head" or "you have potty hair".  I'm pretty sure the word "poop" can be used as an adjective, noun, verb, or adverb. Or a proper noun, for that matter.  I was talking with a friend about this the other day, and realized that I am partly to blame for my children's potty-obsessed language.  I spend a large part of my day saying things like "Who's the poopy one?" or "Someone's stinky, who is it?" or "Did you just pee on the floor?" 

You know how in school you used to keep track, while someone was giving a presentation, of how many times they said "ummm"?  I'm thinking I may start tracking how many times the words "poop" or "pee" are mentioned in my house in one day. I think it may be shocking.  Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to change another poopy diaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment